Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sustainable Weddings, or, Marriage Without the Impacts

Oh, how irony can stick out its head at the oddest times. For this entry, I was aiming to address sustainable wedding advice. Considering this summer has three weddings I'll be attending, it's been a topic of discussion as of late. So what can be done? Weddings are notoriously expensive and resource-intensive celebrations, but that does not mean all hope is lost.

Of course, this is where the irony steps in. Yesterday, a business friend asked me this precise question. At the exact same time, I was reading a message from one of my to-be-married friends about how she will be making her wedding as sustainable as possible. So, I organized the steps she will be taking, along with a bit of explanation on each item. Turns out, the e-mail message was printed in the business associate's blog word for word.

Seems silly to reprint it all again here, so for some amazing sustainable wedding steps (all of which will save money), please continue on to Sustainable Wedding Advice (blog by Nila Do, Editor with Gulfstream Media Group).

Have a great week!